I’m about to share with you the easiest and prettiest dessert recipe, ever! I have been making this red, white and blue trifle cake for years. Trifle cakes are the best, because they are essentially fool-proof and always gorgeous. This one is the perfect dish to bring to a Fourth of July potluck or barbecue. I have seen this feed 20 people. It’s light, refreshing, and 100% patriotic. I am going to share with you how I make mine, but it’s nearly impossible to mess this up- so play around!
- 1 entire angel food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 package cheesecake instant pudding
- 2 8 oz. containers of Cool Whip
- 2 lbs. strawberries, sliced
- 3 6 oz. containers of fresh blueberries
- Prepare instant pudding according to instructions and fold in one container of Cool Whip. Set aside.
- Cover bottom of dish with a layer of angel food cake.
- Evenly cover cake layer with a mix of sliced strawberries and blueberries.
- Spoon out roughly two cups of the pudding/Cool Whip mixture over the berries and spread evenly.
- Repeat steps 2-4
- Once there is a half inch or so left at the top of the dish, open the other container of Cool Whip and evenly spread it over the top.
- Use remaining fruit to garnish the top in a festive pattern.
- Chill overnight if possible.
Like I said, it’s impossible to mess it up, so have fun! All in all, it takes about thirty minutes to make and is sure to be a hit. If you’re hosting anyone for the holiday, you have to check out Wayfair’s huge 4th of July sale! I rounded up some of my favorite outdoor items that are on sale right now:
I am personally in LOVE with that bar cart and I think it would look so perfect with the nautical feel of the rug. I’ve also been dying for a hammock chair, so I will be scooping that up, too!
What are your plans for the holiday? Happy Independence Day!