For me, being a girl mom is:
- cute outfits with matching bows
- singing and dancing
- hairstyling and playing with makeup
- glitter and sequins
- shopping and Starbucks dates
But it’s also…
- teaching critical thinking
- rejecting diet culture
- dismantling the patriarchy
- enforcing consent
- deconstructing my own upbringing and having the courage to end certain patterns
It’s always a wild ride, but I’ve never been more aware of my importance in her life.
These are Halloween costumes from last year!